Stress: It’s something we all deal with in one form or another, and it takes a major toll on our health. Prolonged stress (or an acute bout of major stress) can lead to something called hypoadrenalism – more commonly referred to as “adrenal fatigue”. This term gets thrown around a lot and there are arguments from both sides about whether it exists or not. I believe it exists and it causes much suffering.
Some symptoms of Hypoadrenalism are :
- Excessive fatigue;– This fatigue is usually more pronounced during the day and you may experience a “second wind” of energy later in the evening.
- Trouble sleeping;- In the earlier stages you may experience insomnia or waking numerous times during the night.
- Blood sugar crashes;- low energy, shaky, “hangry” (angry and hungry!)
- Postural hypotension;- feeling dizzy or vision blacking out when you go from sitting or lying down to standing. This is due to blood pressure dropping (instead of rising) when you stand up.
- Increase in allergies or asthma symptoms;
- Recurrent infections;
- Cognition and memory problems; – brain fog, forgetfulness.
- Salt cravings.
Treatment is available and recovery is generally slow. Please speak to us if you have any concerns regarding this.